Wednesday 31 December 2008

New Year's Eve Thoughts..?

After being plagued with a knee injury that laid me off training for 5 weeks and getting man flu (no, the real thing...honest..!) I thought I'd give training a go again as my plan for my first 1/2 Ironman starts tomorrow. After completing a 5K swim yesterday without any real problem it was time to give the running a go. So this afternoon saw a 5K run at a moderate 85% heart rate, produced no pain or discomfort at all - Yay..! Not fast at 26 minutes but a good start after 5 weeks of nothing.

So the New Year will start as I mean to go on.. training plan in place and programmed into my Garmin trainer.. discipline to keep to it is my resolution..! Santa has also helped me to get some new goodies for my bike - Profile areo bars, new bike computer and a Profile drink system.. this will hopefully reduce my excuses -hopefully!

Other plans for the new year..? family time with my wonderful wife and kids - last year passed so quickly and the difference in my 12 year old son and 9 year old daughter are unbelievable.. I really have missed some of the subtle changes in them and have got to the end of this year wondering what happened..

Here's hoping that 2009 brings all that is deserved for you all...

No comments:

Post a Comment