Saturday 21 February 2009

Time flies when you're training hard..!!

Ok, so it's been a while since I posted, but I have not been slacking - just being a bit more systematic about my training and my rest.... and I have taken a bit of a decision about the timing of the swim - Namely moving the date further away which might mean that I set the date for early next year.

This decision wasn't taken lightly, but with a sense of realism, due to my impending Half Ironman on June. I have seen too many people fall to the perils of overtraining and injury - something I'm tyring to avoid. If I set out to do the swim as planned, this would mean an extraordinary amount of training which could lave me unfit to do either of my goals.. Not sure what hit me to make this sensible decision, Must be my dearly departed mum talking to me from the afterlife.... That's a nice thought....

As far as my HIM training, I have taken a plan from one of my many Tri books which seems to be going very well - 2 weeks into it and it's going great! No sign of injury and the dreaded asthma is well under control. No sign of it on the bike or the swim but VERY active on the run...!

The only one time I forgot to take my medication prior to the run resulting in an instant end of play after 2 km... Not good... If I take it before I start... No problems at all....Sorted..!

One thing I discovered is that a regular plan does not go well with procrastination... maybe this will be good for other areas of my life where putting thing off leads to little being done..!

Anything else...? maybe get to posting more often - others push me to shame eh TriT..??

No comments:

Post a Comment