Friday 30 January 2009

OK... fitness is officially bad for you....:)

So... After a really good swim session on Tuesday I settled into bed for a good night's sleep only to be woken up in the early hours with a tight chest and a reall struggle to breath. This is starting to get tedious as it is really getting in the way of things. So, after a visit to the Doctors and the usual raft of questions, most of them not getting any closer to finding the reason and typically all of the symptoms having gone, I left the surgery with a prescription.

I am now the proud owner of an inhaler medication and a loose diagnosis of asthma... bummer..

Thursday's team run was, I must admit, taken with a level of apprehension that the breathing would start to play around again and, sure enough, part way through the warm up, things started to get a bit difficult again. I'm not really sure if it happened because I was half expecting it or because the weather and temperature were very cold... so after a blast of the inhaler things really took off and the training went really well..!! yay..!!

Not how I wanted the week to turn out, but some things you can't control... Just means that I now have an extra bit of Tri kit..!!!

I have the feeling that this problem will subside as the weather gets better....hopefully..!

Out tomorrow for a 2 hour ride with the crew...

No comments:

Post a Comment