Tuesday 6 January 2009

..so now they tell me...

Did a swim with my Triathlon club tonight and told them about my planned marathon swim. Nicely got some shocked responses - just what I wanted as this indicates that my swim is something challenging..!

Downside is that the pool length I was given is wrong.. 33 yards not metres..!!

This alters the figures somewhat.. as the overall number of lengths has shifted to 1399.. a little more than first thought.
But this only adds to the fun of the planning..!

It actually works out a little easier as I can aim for the 12 hours and shouldn't be far off the mark. Next step? Get permission from the pool to do the event and begin work on establishing my pace..

It was good to see that my pace at the pool tonight had improved as I seemed to be catching others and blowing a lot less..!

The fun of training eh..?

No comments:

Post a Comment